May 1, 2010

Seedlings: Week VII


I think the zucchini started to show signs of powdery mildew, so I took a tip from You Grow Girl and sprayed them with Powdery Mildew Brew (a mixture of milk + water).

Well, dope that I am, I did this inside.

And they sat in the sunniest window.
Sprayed in milk.
All afternoon.

Needless to say, the house smelled like garbage by the time Scott got home. I fessed up, but Scott didn't tease me nearly as much as I deserved for this goofball move.

So! I moved all of the seedlings outside right away, without hardening them off. Like a real gardener, I worried about them surviving that night, but fortunately it's been a really warm week here in Philly. They're still looking happy, and they're getting more sun and better air circulation.

I can't believe I haven't killed these things yet.

No comments: