September 2, 2009

Couch Searching

I've been browsing craigslist for a new couch for a while, just waiting for a perfect treasure. Been hoping for a chocolate brown leather comfy goodness, or perhaps something with a bit more personality (but still comfortable!). Today I came across a craigslist posting that linked to this blog, FoundMod. They collect and sell mid-century furniture in the NJ/NY/PA area, and boy do they have a good eye.

Here are some of their previous finds (photos from FoundMod's blog):


Check out these beauties! Oh, the lines! The simplicity! The perfectly placed details! So lovely.

I've now been drooling for about an hour.

I generally don't even like blue for myself, but I'd gladly put any of these in my living room. Unfortunately they don't have any couches for sale at the moment, but I'll be checking back often.

I almost didn't want to share this, for fear of one of you snapping up the next gem, but I was just too excited. Excited about couches. Yes. It's like I'm a grown-up.

1 comment:

sara girlscantell said...

whoa! great find, i can't believe you stumbled upon these gorgeous couches through craigslist!
(...and now i might have to arm wrestle you for any midcentury amazingness they do post soon!)