November 12, 2008

Crochet


No, I did not make that blanket, but I want to learn how!

I decided I wanted to get back into crocheting – mainly because I picked out a color palette for my room, and I have no blankets. Sooo I want to make a blanket for myself with my new colors.

I was planning on basic stripes (that's all I know how to do), but then I came across these gorgeous wave/ripple patterns. I watched a few tutorial videos online, but they make it seem too complex for me (even though people say it's simple?).

Do you know how to do this? Can you show me?

6 comments:

Ladybird said...

It is really not much harder than the straight row. All you have to do though is always count... I made some baby blankets like this and they kinda went at a angle when done.

Are you coming to Thanksgiving this year? Maybe we can crochet together. I am working on a hexagonal granny quilt. I bit more of a challenge than my scarves. :)
Aunt Sharon

Ladybird said...

http://crochetliving.blogspot.com/2007/09/heres-one-for-menfolk.html

Try these Instructions. They are pretty simple. :)

Ladybird said...

http://crochetliving.blogspot.com/2007/09/heres-one-for-menfolk.html

try again

Sarah Erin said...

Ooh thank you Sharon! I think I decided to go for simplicity and straight rows... it's so much easier than having to count all the time.

Unfortunately I won't make it to Arkansas for Thanksgiving, but I will be home for Christmas! See you then!

Samantha said...

I'm a knitter, mainly but I know the VERY BASICS of crocheting. There are some awesome patterns / people on www.ravelry.com You have to sign up and wait for your invite, but it's soooo worth it.

Also, if you're interested in taking a class, Lovelyarns in Hampden has great classes (and yarns). I took a knitting class there a few months ago. Loved it.

Heather said...

Lion Brand Yarns, has a great free catalog they send you and loads of free patterns online, they also rate them for level of difficulty and have both crochet and knitting. I made this one and it is fantastic, I was very proud.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60672AD.html