July 5, 2008

Flicks from the Hill

I have a "The Hill" in St. Louis (my hometown) and a "The Hill" in Baltimore (my new town)! And they both have awesome FREE summer events : )

Becca came to visit this week (wahoo!), and we decided to check out Flicks from the Hill at the American Visionary Art Museum. Thursdays evenings throughout the summer they project movies on the wall on the back of the museum, and everybody sits on the Hill across the street to watch, for free. They serve popcorn and sno-cones for $1 each, and you get a dollop of Fluff on your sno-cone for an extra quarter. Sounds strange, but apparently it's a Baltimore tradition.

I got egg custard flavor with Fluff on top. Gross, yet delicious.

We watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? I can't believe I'd never seen it before! Totally entertaining, and of course, the music is fantastic.

I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow


It was a great Thursday night.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Ummm... I look sooooooo freaking excited! Awesome couple of days SRo! Also... tell Scotty to post that video of Bill & I jamming to Cher on YouTube... I'm dying to see it :)

Scott Zero said...

Your wish is my command.

http://1minus1.blogspot.com/2008/07/4th-of-july.html