June 16, 2008

Harbor East Freshfarm Market


There is a new farmer's market in Baltimore! Saturday (June 14th) was the first day of the Fresh Farm Market at Harbor East. Apparently they have a few nationally known markets (like the one in duPont Circle in DC), so Scott and I went to check it out.

I was a little bummed that there weren't very many tents, but I'm not giving up yet. I'm hoping they are starting the first few Saturdays kind of on the small side, until more people know about it. In good news, because it was small and not crowded, we didn't have to fight off any crowds!

The coolest thing about it is that every week there will be a guest chef demo. This week there was a chef from the restaurant The Oceanaire. He butchered a rock fish for us and gave out very generous samples. My apologies for the not-so-beautiful pictures... I can assure you the fish and salad were delicious.

1 comment:

Scott Zero said...

the sourdough olive bread I got is awesome... mmmmm