May 5, 2008

New Job, Thanks to Blog

I'm excited to announce that I've accepted a Graphic Designer position at Orange Element – an amazingly talented, super friendly little design studio in Baltimore.

Here's what they say:

Design connects. It lives between our ideas and the creation of a memorable experience. Fluid, integrative, dynamic—it complements our lives, engages our senses and provokes our emotions. It is an equal blend of creativity and process. Design connects humanity and facilitates in the sharing of our unique stories

At Orange Element, we transform these beliefs into work that forges a strong lasting connection between a company and a consumer. Our creative work places an emphasis on blending strong concepts with inspired executions to create magnetic brands.

We are a team of designers, artists, strategists, friends, activists, and passionate visual thinkers. We work and play. We balance and challenge each other and we love what we do. We have created a firm for creative exploration and collaboration—for ourselves and our clients. We seek, absorb, question, learn and strive to create design that has impact.

Our service areas are built to support and connect a company's brand through design, strategy, identity, advertising, direct marketing, environmental graphics, and interactive solutions.

To get more of a feel for what kind of place it is, check out their blog, Orange Element Insights. I think it's a pretty good read : )

So, to back up for a moment, I first met the folks of Orange Element last fall. Sadly, they weren't hiring.

Then, a few weeks ago on a whim, I decided to write a post about Baltimore design studios. I wanted to familiarize myself with the design scene in town. To my surprise, Garret noticed that their site had a few hits that came from my blog (thanks to my loyal readers!). After a few blog comment exchanges (blog flirting? dare I say blirting?), I went in for an interview. We hit it off, and now, a few weeks later, I'm part of the team!

Today is my first day. Yay!

You'll hear more about the new gig soon!

3 comments:

kentropic said...

Nice story (and congratulations)! So much recruiting and hiring these days happens here, in the unofficial social media space, and it's always good to hear about a happy ending -- or happy beginning....

I miss Bawlamer sometimes; spent three wonderful years there, c. 20 yrs. ago. Is the BromoSeltzer tower still standing?

Garret Ohm said...

The pieces fell into place and here you are. So pumped to have you on board...

Blessed said...

My dear Sarah,

Sounds like the place you were meant to be!

Design:
Complements
Engages
Provokes
Connents
Facilitates
Forges
Creates
Impacts

These are powerful verbs.

If they truly describe the vocation you have chosen, I challenge you to truly be passionate in your work.

And I would follow that admonition with the hope and prayer that you would carefully guard your passions, always seeking to benefft others and to give glory and honor to God, the Grand Designer and the Author and Finisher of all.

I am so happy for you....Love, G. Peggy