January 5, 2008

Juno

Loved the movie. Despite a few kind of awkward lines, the story was fantastic and upbeat. Watch the trailer:



It's about a 16 year-old girl who gets pregnant. Teen pregnancy isn't the end of the world or the end of her life, as so many movies, tv shows, and people make it seem (in fact, this movie actually pokes fun at those negative nancies, as you can see in the trailer).

Juno explores her options, and the movie keeps you guessing right up until the end. The end is just right. I could go on, but I don't wanna spoil it for you.

And it's set in Minnesota, which I like because I used to live there : )


Also, the soundtrack is the perfect dose of new music that I've been in dire need of. The song Anyone Else But You by The Moldy Peaches takes the cake:

I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging side to side
I don't know what anyone can see in anyone else
But you


.............................

Oh, and how could I almost forget – our very favorite bloggable line of the movie:

Juno: I'm pregnant
Leah: What? Honest to blog?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I saw the movie the other night. I was hesitant at first because I thought it might make light of teen pregnancy. In my opinion, it didn't.
We really liked it and I loved Juno and her boyfriend!
It was funny (and your dad laughed out loud too!). Some of the one-liners was classic!
It hit the spot for me. : )
And the music was just off-beat enough to match the movie.
Loveya,
P-mom