January 30, 2008

Decorating!

Searching for new furnishings for my (somewhat) new house is my newest hobby. Pretty things below!

3x5' Rug, $28. From Urban Outfitters.
Please note how the yellow border on the rug matches precisely with my blog banner yellow. This girl knows what she likes! But sadly, that couch is not mine.

Maggie had the great idea to take our rickety sliding closet doors off the tracks and replace them with pretty curtains. When I found these curtain tie-backs, I knew it was meant to be:

Branch Curtain Tie Backs, $14. From Urban Outfitters.

Flat Flower Vase, $12. From Target. I'm just all about yellow this year.

Turn-of-the-Century Rug, $168. From Anthropologie.
Couldn't afford this one yet, and don't really need it.
But isn't it beautiful? Love!



[images from Target, Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie].

5 comments:

Bill said...

A good friend of mine is a manager at one of the Anthropologie stores in NYC. I'll see if I can hook you up with a discount on that rug.

Blessed said...

What fun!

Really like the items and ideas.

Yellow is such a happy color.

And I'm happy seeing you creating a space that is you!

Love, G. Peggy

ps: re: bill, nice to have friends with friends!

My name's Haley said...

yay for urban! Here's more yellow for you.
http://sfgirlbybay.blogspot.com/2008/01/desperately-seeking-yellow.html

though it's not your signature yellow

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

OOO LOVE, I could live in Urban Outiftters.

Sue said...

I bought a jewelry tree that looks a lot like the curtain tie-backs, except rotated 90 degrees, and thus erect with a small rectangular base. Its like the chia pet of sculptural storage and makes it easy to find jewelry given the difficult proverbial decisions of what to wear :oP