October 8, 2007

Song of the Week: Cat Power

Here's "The Greatest" by Cat Power. I found this video on youtube, and I'm not sure if it's the real video or not (anyone know?). Either way, there's something abstract and charmingly, rhythmically hypnotic about it. Have a listen!



Apparently I'm so very into music sung by the ladies lately. I've also been attracted to the sound of the piano.

Other ladies I've been listening to recently: Ingrid Michaelson (sings in a new Old Navy commercial), Kate Nash (very hot in London right now, according to Bill), Feist (always pleasant), and Keren Ann (love her french stuff).

4 comments:

rewired said...

You're right, nice music.
I'll have to listen to the other female artists.
Have you ever heard of Imogene Heap? She has an interesting voice and good tunes too!

Sarah Erin said...

Glad you like it!

Yes I have heard of Imogen – my favorite songs of hers are "Hide and Seek," "Speeding Cars," and she does an excellent, very powerful rendition of "Hallelujah."

But I heard she forgets all the words at concerts. Haha.

She's also the singer of the group Frou Frou. The got really popular especially after their song "Let Go" was in the movie Garden State. Check that out too if you haven't already!

Rachel said...

love cat power! i can send you the cd if you like, it's very mellow. and give laura veirs a listen... bill and scott will agree with me, she is the shit.

and i will definitely give ingrid a try :-) i don't know if le tigre counts, but i've been getting into girl music lately too. weird.

Sarah Erin said...

Thanks Rachel! I'll check 'em out.

I have some Cat Power already, but I'm sure you have more! I'll take it : )