October 23, 2007

Fifi Lapin

I came across this Etsy shop today called Fifi Lapin. And I think it's pretty darn cute. The British shop owner has created this character, Fifi (whose last name is french for rabbit), who wears a different designer outfit every day. The drawings of Fifi in different outfits are for sale. I love her paragraph about herself on her profile, so if I may, I will just post it right below this print of Fifi donning a Jason Wu ensemble:


"I was born one of 257 brothers and sisters but sadly there was an outbreak of myxamatosis when I was one year old and I was the only one that survived. My parents are therefore incredibly protective of me and spoil me rotten. I'm an 'haress' to my fathers fortune which he made playing fast and loose with carrot and lettuce shares on the international stock market. There are a lot of rabbits out there so I guess he just struck gold (or orange you might say). Some people think I’m just a socialite but I think there is more to me than just an extremely stylish clotheshorse!

I love to wear the latest fashions and I never wear the same outfit twice which means each and every one of my original drawings is totally unique

hope you enjoy my obsession!

bunny kisses
Fifi
xxx"

I like that she's an "hare-ss." Ha-ha. She snuck quite a few glorious little puns into that paragraph.


So I'll admit it's a bit corny (I prefer "darling"), but I think it's a great use of creativity. Why not be free to be corny every now and then? A lovely bit of fun. I might just buy one of her prints sometime!

And what a great creative outlet for the artist – a fun little brand for a hobby on the side to make a few bucks (I assume this isn't the creator's day job, but who knows?). I'd love to come up with an idea like this that suits me.

Oh, and Fifi also has a blog, if you are interested.

[images from fifi's etsy shop, 1) "no.115 Fifi wears Jason Wu" 2) "Fifi's Favourites Spring Summer 07 Large Limited Edition Print"]

4 comments:

Blessed said...

I love it!

You will one day.

diverted said...

i think row 3, #3 looks most like you! followed by row 1 #1 and row 1 #2.

Miho Sakato said...

i love FIFI too!

Anonymous said...

i am sure fifi is making more than a few bucks~