September 9, 2007

Mama Zero's Puttanesca

Mama Zero's Puttanesca is loved by all. And all love to say it. Or try to say it, in my uncle Mark's case (although I think he's just trying to be funny). Scott has won over my entire family based on this recipe. I made it for the first time on my own tonight, for my family. [Zeros, please correct me if any of this is wrong? Thanks!]


Ingredients:
• shell pasta (1/2 pound)
• 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes (red pack or muir green)
• minced garlic (fresh, or Mama Zero will scold you)
• green olives (no pimentos), sliced
• black olives, sliced
• 6 anchovies
• 1/4 cup capers, drained
• 1/2 cup chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup chopped basil
• red pepper flakes
• extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
• sauté garlic in extra virgin olive oil (the Zeros call it EVOO)
• add tomatoes, olives, chovies, capers
• simmer 10-15 minutes
• add parsley, basil, red pepper
• serve over pasta (top with fresh shredded parmesan if you please)

Yummy!

[My apologies for the grainy / poorly lit photos... it smelled too good to take the time to find good light]

6 comments:

IMAZERO said...

Sarah Impressionante! Così felice avete incluso le acciughe. Amore, Mama Zero

Scott Zero said...

Send me leftovers?

Bill said...

Mmmm. Want to come cook in London. Then I won't have to eat all of my roommate's overseasoned recipes....

Robyn said...

shut up! i've been starving for the past week! although a nice military man bought me eggplant parmigiana on saturday night... only real meal i've had.

send me some leftovers first! i hear DHL works best in SL. :)

Sarah Erin said...

We'll feast in the spring. Together.

diverted said...

that stuff sure is good.