September 13, 2007

Breakfast with Jon Huck

Photographer Jon Huck has an interesting series of portraits of people and what they eat for breakfast. Simple. Interesting. It kind of reminds me of those cholesterol ads when the people look like whatever they eat (but better...what are those ads for, anyway? I can't remember).

[photo from Jon Huck's website]

I wonder if I resemble my breakfast (not that that was necessarily Huck's goal, but some of them definitely do). Lately I've been having Dannon Plain Yogurt, Kashi Crunch, and fresh blueberries all mixed together.

Do you look like your breakfast?

.............

And I just discovered his couples series, which fascinates me even more:


The way he displays the photos for his gallery installations is refreshing.
Who needs frames, anyway? It kind of implies that the couplings aren't permanent...

4 comments:

diverted said...

the frameless display idea make me think about other ways to hang stuff. good idea.

My name's Haley said...

This doesn't have to do with breakfast but...

So for rizzle Sarah if you like David Sedaris, which I know you do. Please please start listening to the This American Life podcast. He reads excerpts sometimes from his books and whatnot and I die laughing every time. It makes me want to buy his books on tape.

Scott Zero said...

I like these things a lot. I usually have coffee and a banana or an apple. You might be able to make a face out of those...

I don't think I look as strung out as the strictly coffee breakfast people in that gallery, though.

susan lister said...

there's a car commercial like that which emphasizes how people's head shapes resemble the cars they drive. its really funny! i <3 mimicry.