August 5, 2007

The Sarah Rollercoaster

I've been designing my heart out. Today from 8am-1:30am. Yesterday from 8am-8pm. And more on Friday. And Thursday. And Wednesday. And I'm now giving myself a pat on the back, because I produced some work I'm really happy with. : )

When I get stressed and nervous, I psych myself out and beat myself up way too much. Thank you Dad & Peggy (for the critiques over email), Mom & Mark (for the advice over the phone), and Scott (for reminding me to eat when I'm in design-mode, and for being responsible for my last 12 meals). Gramma Peggy, your lovely emails certainly put a smile on my face, too.

It's a scary time, not knowing where you're going to be in a year. Or a month. Or next week.

The goal of the moment is to be excited about the possibilities, rather than terrified. And I have to remember that wherever I end up, I won't be alone.

But I might have to move all my shit by myself. Haha. Wait, that's not funny.

3 comments:

diverted said...

Your own view of yourself will always come through in your dealings with others. I'm glad you got your self-confidence back. And I'm sure Scott is glad the rollercoaster has arrived back at the station. Ha... (Thanks, Scott, for providing the fuel.)

rewired said...

I liked riding that rollercoaster! Lots of butterflies and exclamations on the way up and the way down. But like diverted said...we've all arrived back at the station!
Referring to Blessed's quote on her blog today; all moments in your life are KEY moments. Exciting and scary all at the same time! You have so many opportunities ahead of you!
We love ya and support ya!
Pegmom

Sarah Erin said...

What good parents I have.

Pmom - since when do you sign off as "PegMom?" I thought we agreed that that sounds way too much like you are my mom with a pegleg (not that there's anything wrong with that). haha