July 15, 2007

Stars Sunday

Thank you Bill, for giving me the new Stars album. Stars are one of my all-time top five favorites. I never get tired of them.

Haven't had a lot of time to listen to the new one yet - "In Our Bedroom After the War." So far I like the sound of it, but I'm not so sure about the lyrics. Their lyrics are always a little disturbing and it takes a few rounds before I can start to understand what they're talking about. Sometimes I can't make sense of it.


I always find with music, that if I like the sound, I want so badly to enjoy the lyrics too. It's so disappointing when you love the way a song sounds but are ashamed to love it for bad lyrics. When you find the rare song that gives you goosebumps and intriguing words - that's brilliant.

Many of the Stars songs are brilliant.

Concert in Chicago Friday, November 2nd. Who wants to go?

1 comment:

Scott Zero said...

If you're serious about Chicago, I will definitely go.