June 20, 2007

Perk with Peter

Cool! Peter Caws (my fish fan) and I finally met up at Central Perk with the intention of talking for more than 90 seconds, and I finally signed the print he bought. It was a lovely coffee get-together which actually involved no coffee at all.

We brainstormed more possibilities for the fish & carrots series (which may or may not ever become a series). I particularly liked his idea of putting a nice triangular carrot (with stem) on top of a carefully arranged mass of minnow-like fish. Hmmm.

We talked about many other things including family, where we've lived, our experiences in the world of art, annnnd....

He asked me if I like Rock Music. I said no, because I wouldn't describe any of my favorites as "rock music," but I suppose we all have different definitions. Then he says, "oh, then you probably don't know the band that my son is in, but it's called Nada Surf."

Haha. I took a moment to think about that.

"Wait, what? Did you just say your son is the lead singer of Nada Surf??!"

"Yes." He was surprised at my reaction.

So cool! See, Nada Surf is one of my favorite groups. I've been a fan since I first heard it, freshman year. And he thought I'd never have heard of them...

Just one of those amazing small-world coincidences. He said he'd tell his son, Mr. Nada Surf, that the fish & carrots picture in their kitchen was taken by a fan of Nada Surf.

I love it.

1 comment: